meobda

Mid-East Oklahoma Band Directors Association

Update

Directors,

The weather forecast has been on all our minds as of late. As far as Monday’s Audition is concerned, I am pretty hopeful that things should continue as planned.

If, however, there are still icy and unsafe road conditions, or Cleveland Schools is without power on Monday, we will make a determination no later than 6am Monday as to whether or not to cancel the Auditions and proceed with Plan B. I sincerely hope that the decision will be very clear long before 6am and afford you and your people the most time possible if we need to cancel.

Plan B is to reschedule for Monday, January 23rd and host the Auditions at Wagoner Schools. Thanks to Jeremy Williams for his kind offer.

For those of you members in the North, we will especially be monitoring your situation, as temps may be consistently lower for you. Please communicate your situation as Monday nears.

It is our hope and expectation that the warmer weather on Sunday will melt any ice that threatens us and be gone by Monday.

There will no doubt be questions as to the details as well as countless ‘what if’ scenarios. I do believe we can handle the realities as they arise. I am more prepared to do so than to venture guesswork toward ‘what if’s that never materialize. If you’ve got a solid concern that I can help with, please let me know. For everything else, I think the answer will be that we will just have to wait and see how things unfold.

Please feel free to respond concerning your situation. We hope this seems like a decent solution if needed, as all the options were bad, with other auditions, OMEA, etc… That being said, with so many members and years between us, there is surely a wealth of wisdom to be tapped. Your thoughts on this are very much welcome and appreciated. Sorry for the delay. Things took a while to take shape.

All the best & stay safe,

Nic Johnson

Updated: January 12, 2017 — 11:12 pm
meobda © 2013 Frontier Theme