Directors, I hope you and your families are doing well in the new year. I have had a few directors reach out about extending the entry deadline for the audition dates. I’m not sure how many of you have had students regularly or very little at all. I know we have not seen our kids here in Wagoner since before Thanksgiving break. Due to the clinic not being held until the beginning of April the board has decided to give extra time to accommodate for the ongoing changing times. We recommend that if your students are ready to be recorded you take the time and record them before upload week just incase of any quarantine measures at your school. We are still planning to have an in person clinic using 4 different locations within our school. If you are a school that does not plan on being apart of this years clinics please email me so that we can make adjustments. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know and I will see if we can help. Please mark your calendars with the updated dates.
The music can be printed off at the website www.meobda.org .
February 22nd-27th – Enter students for audition (Matt will share login information about 2 weeks before date)
March 1st-6th – Recording of students uploaded to a Google Drive (Drive will be set up by Matt and shared with each of you)
March 8th-12th – Judging assignments will be set and auditions will be judged
March 13th – Results will be posted
April 5th & 6th – Clinic at Wagoner Public SchoolsChairperson for Clinic
High School- Valerie Goforth, Rejoice Christian
Junior High- Lindsey Manley, Foyil
7th Grade- Matt Tilus, Dewey
Jazz Band- Trevor Berger, Fairland
I hope you are having a well deserved and relaxing spring break. We, the officers of MEOBDA, have been in contact to discuss the upcoming 1st & 2nd year honor band and jazz band clinics to be held in April. Recently the State Education Department has decided all public schools will be closed thru April 3rd. If we indeed go back to school on April 6th we feel this doesn’t allow ample time to prepare for this event nor do the students need to miss any further school. I’ve looked at possible dates to reschedule but with testing beginning in April and the uncertainties of our current situation we have decided to cancel this years 1st and 2nd year honor band and jazz band clinics.
MEOBDA ALL-DISTRICT HONOR BAND SCHEDULE
February 3rd and 4th, 2020
Oologah High School
Monday, Feb 3rd
4:00 PM Jazz Band Auditions – Warm up location will be posted upon arrival
Directors: All students auditioning for the jazz band must be in the band room
at 3:45 to get their audition card. Please be on time so that our Clinicians can begin rehearsal on time.
****Concession Stand will be open for dinner and breaks****
5:00 PM Concert band seating begins
7th Grade – MS Band Room
Jr. High – HS Band Room
HS – Stage
5:15 PM Rehearsals begin.
6:30 PM Jr. High break
6:45 PM Jr. High rehearsal resumes
6:45 PM High School break
7:00 PM High School rehearsal resumes
8:00 PM Rehearsals end.
Tuesday, Feb 4th
9:00AM Rehearsals begin – Same Locations as Monday
10:20AM Jr. High break
10:35AM Jr. High rehearsal resumes
10:25AM High School Break
10:40AM High School rehearsal resumes
12:00 pm Lunch
1:30PM Rehearsals resume (HS/JH SWITCH
Jr. High – Stage
High School – HS Band
1:45PM Director’s Meeting
3:20PM Rehearsal resumes – Director’s Meeting resumes as needed 4:30PM 7th Grade Percussion to Stage for setup.
5:00PM Rehearsal ends/ Break for Dinner
6:30PM Bands dressed & seated in Rehearsal Area, ready to go. 7:00PM Concert Begins
***7th Grade Breaks will be determined as needed by the Chairman and Clinician***
***PLEASE BRING MARKED MUSIC STANDS AND A PENCIL***
***PLEASE NOTE THE STARTING TIME FOR JAZZ AUDITIONS HAS CHANGED***
MEOBDA Online Registration Instructions
You must create a new account each year. Your username and password from last year will not work. Follow the instructions below
- Go to http://audition.meobda.org
- Click “Create Account.” This link is below the login button.
- Where it says, registration code enter: meobda20
- On the left side, enter the information for your school
- On the right side, enter the name, email address, cell phone and judging preference for each director on your staff. The head director should be listed first.
- If you have more than 5 directors on staff, the head director should login then add them by going to “My Registration” then “My Staff.”
- Click “Create Account”
- Each director will receive an email with their username and password.
- Login to http://audition.meobda.org with the username and password you received in email.
- For each student, enter their information and click “Enter Student.”
- If you need to remove an entry, click the trashcan next to their entry line.
- You can click “My Bill” to get a listing of your entries to turn in to your central office to have payment sent. I’ll send out invoices after the deadline if your office prefers that .